dWeb Blog is
- about building a better web
- publishing on the decentralised Web
- is live now on Web and soon also the decentralised Web
- is blazing fast - click around to see how fast!
- shows you how to build on the Web, and Join the dWeb
Decentralised Web Technology
dWeb Blog will develop into a live showcase for a decentralised blog, with how-tos so others can join in. You'll also find posts about some key dWeb technologies including Solid and Safe Network.
I'll announce new posts on Mastodon, so you can follow along there: (@happyborg)
If you want to join in, my first post is up now and shows you how to get your own dWeb Blog running in minutes:
Solid and Safe Network
Safe Network is a secure, decentralised network for privacy, security and freedom.
Read about: Why Solid on Safe?
Join the dWeb
NOTE: the dWeb is temporarily unavailable though instructions for an earlier test version are left in place to show how easy it will be to join when it is up and running again, in 2023-4 fingers crossed.
To view websites and dApps on Safe Network get Safe Browser, then fire it up and type
safe://dweb into the address bar to see this website on the Safe dWeb.
For more things to see and do on Safe Network, and to get answers to any questions you have visit the Safe Network forum: http://safenetforum.org
If you are viewing on Safe Network already, you can visit https://dweb.happybeing.com in an ordinary browser for comparison.
Publish on the dWeb
For the moment Safe Network is available intermittently as test networks are being deployed and taken down. These networks allow you and others to upload and download files, and will be able to test other features as they are added towards launch of the network.
Right now you can
- deploy a blazing fast simple website/blog based on React-static
- add and edit pages and blog posts as markdown files
- automatically publish to web and soon to Safe Network
- use state of the art React web components (including Ionic)
- hot reload your development site as you work (note react-static issue #985)
- Posts introducing React-static, Solid and Safe Network, three technologies that provide a fast, secure internet where users own and control their data, and can communicate freely without intermediaries, data harvesting, data breaches etc.
- enhancement of the website's structure, styling through editing of the site's configuration, addition of components and so on, as I learn
- posts to accompany those changes so you can incorporate features yourself
That's quite a lot so don't expect updates every week! I'm busy doing other things too including having a life. But if you want this stuff, your feedback and encouragement will help it happen.
More: About dWeb Blog and the author.